The Gender and Disability Mainstreaming section started at Murang’a University of Technology in October 2013.
To mainstream gender and disability in all operation of the University.
To ensure equality, equity and inclusivity of all staff and students in Murang’a University of Technology
- To promote fairness and inclusivity by addressing gender and disability concerns in the University
- To gather relevant information about students and staff with disability and disseminate it to different sections in the University
- To identify both public and private partners to support gender mainstreaming programs and promote gender rights of students and staff in the University
- Facilitate the provision of comprehensive and quality services to students and staff with disabilities, including orientation, mentoring and guidance and counseling services.
- To sensitize and create awareness on gender sexual based violence, gender based violence and the needs of persons with disability.
- To develop and coordinate the implementation of Gender and Disability Mainstreaming Policy