Kenya Education Network (KENET) in partnership with Microsoft Corporation and Intel is pleased to announce the KENET Student Laptop Purchase Program (SLPP). The program has been created to provide Kenyan Universities’ students, faculty, and staff with the opportunity to purchase business class laptop computers from multiple vendors at significantly discounted prices. We have leveraged our high-volume purchasing power on institutional computers as well as the KENET’s long-standing relationship with the education community to provide this benefit to you.
KENET has signed Framework agreements with selected OEM laptop vendors for the timely supply of laptops and associated support in order to establish a sustainable cost-effective Student Laptop Purchase Program (SLPP). It is envisaged that SLPP shall help students of member educational institutions to purchase genuine brand-new devices to support learning activities in their respective institutions
Benefits of the Students Laptop Purchase Program are:
Microsoft Corporation Shape The Future Program
Microsoft Corporation through Shape the Future Program shall extend discounts on Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro (National Academic Only) operating systems to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
Shape the Future Program shall provide 250,000 licenses for Kenyan universities that will participate in the SLPP program.
Shape the Future Program does not cover the Microsoft Office Productivity Suite. Participating universities shall instead sign up for the Microsoft Office 365 A1 Licenses.
1. Register on the SLPP Portal here https://slpp.kenet.or.ke/
2. Login using username and password you supplied during registration
3. Select “Book a Laptop” from the main menu to initiate the laptop booking process
4. Select a laptop of your choice, vendor, collection point, purchasing plan and submit to complete the laptop booking process.
5. Received bookings will be consolidated on a weekly basis and sent to the university for validation. (Confirmation that you are a bonafide student/staff/faculty of the university)
6. Validated bookings will be forwarded to the respective vendors for processing.
7. Vendor shall write to the individual purchasers and share payment details.
8. Purchaser makes payment (full amount for outright purchase and 15% commitment deposit for Lease-to-Own purchasing plan)
9. Vendor shall write to the purchaser acknowledging receipt of payment of payment
10. Vendor shall dispatch the laptop to the purchaser (at the selected collection point during booking).
11. Purchaser acknowledges receipt of the laptop and inspects the unit to confirm that it has been delivered without any defects or physical damage.
Intel Corporation SLPP Support
Intel Corporation has a vision in Education “To Empower the next generation of Innovators”. To help bring this vision to reality, Intel works with education leaders across the globe. They help ensure teachers and students have access to the technologies and tools they need to meet the challenges of a changing world. Intel has partnered with KENET to design and implement the Student Laptop Purchase program to facilitate access to affordable devices by higher education students in Kenya